World Water Day is about what you will do in 2014 and beyond to promote sustainable practices in the realm of water and energy. The key messages provided below are to be used as a basis to help you frame and design your own activities and messages.
1. Water requires energy and energy requires water
2. Supplies are limited and demand is increasing
3. Saving energy is saving water. Saving water is saving energy
4. The “bottom billion” urgently needs access to both water and sanitation services, and electricity
5. Improving water and energy efficiency is imperative as are coordinated, coherent and concerted policies